Alternative Energy and Fuel: Considering a Hybrid Car?

Friday, October 17, 2008 16:55

Although a hybrid vehicle may save a bundle at the pump, is this car as easy on the wallet throughout the course of its lifetime as it is at the pump? Many consumers have this concern, and for this reason it is important to research each vehicle choice in depth – before making the final decision.

Although prices for hybrid vehicles can be expensive, the money that will be saved throughout the life of the vehicle may offset these initial costs. For this reason it is important to consider the budget of the customer when debating the purchase of a hybrid vehicle to save money on fuel.

Quick tip: Hybrid cars cost on average two to four thousand dollars more than traditional vehicles.

Are you concerned about the environment? Many activists are taking the next step to reduce the emissions created by the daily use of their vehicle. Are you one of the potential vehicle owners that wish to decrease your impact? If so, then a hybrid is the right choice for you!

Hybrid vehicles are actually most beneficial to drivers who use the vehicle for more than ten thousand miles per year. In order to realize the great fuel economy, the car must be used often enough to return a savings. For a driver that doesn’t use the vehicle often it may be beneficial to purchase a traditionally fueled vehicle which just runs on plain old unleaded.

Considering these aspects of a hybrid car to make the decision can be helpful in deciding if a Hybrid is truly worth the investment.

Related Blogs

16 Responses to “Alternative Energy and Fuel: Considering a Hybrid Car?”

1. Gadget Advisor says:

October 17th, 2008 at 6:10 pm

I’m not personally (can’t drive due to vision), but I know a lot of people who are looking to switch.

Gadget Advisor’s last blog post..OCZ Releases Triple Channel DDR3 Memory Kits

2. Ohio Health Insurance Plans says:

October 17th, 2008 at 7:54 pm

In Israel, they are developing a system of electric “charge” stations…similar to our gas stations.

Within 10-15 years, they should be able to reduce their oil imports in half…or more!

Maybe we should take notice…

3. Erik Chase says:

October 18th, 2008 at 11:32 am

I’d wait on the hybrid car, there’s going to be new electric cars in 2010. Mopar is talking about coming out with an electric sports car called the Dodge EV, looks and sounds pretty sweet. They say it goes 0-60mph in under 5 seconds, that’s where it at right there!

4. hydrogen car says:

November 12th, 2008 at 9:49 am

hybrid car is a good idea of going green same with hydrogen cars, they both make sense in helping our nature and reducing fuel consumptions..

5. flowmaster says:

March 25th, 2009 at 8:13 pm

Hybrid car really is a wise option. It might be more expensive than the regular car but you’ll end up saving more in the long run. Plus, it’s good for the environment too!

6. CA Car Repair says:

April 6th, 2009 at 7:31 pm

Hybrid cars are a good choice though I’m anxious to see what the plug in hybrid bring from GM and Toyota (if GM makes it that is).

7. Energia solare says:

May 18th, 2009 at 4:33 am

Advanced Energy Center is a public-private partnership dedicated to the advancement of energy research and technology deployment. You can save money buying less power cars.

8. Car Insurane Maniac says:

October 11th, 2009 at 4:47 am

I would choose hybrid cars because its eco-friendly, I really concern to our environment. I will add another alternative to fuel, this is water as fuel. I once heard this before in news that this came all when a Filipino inventor in the Philippines made the formula to use water as an alternative to fuel because of high price in fuel, but the government can’t support that maybe because of money, they make money out of the fuel exported in the Philippines with its tariffs, so the Filipino inventor sale the formula abroad, and then there’s a lot of experiment made.

9. Jeff Comegys says:

October 20th, 2009 at 12:13 pm

My wife’s company car is a Prius . We were a little skeptical about it when we found out it was coming. Turns out it is a great car. Rides and handles great, much more roomy than expected. Averages about 43 mpg. When I purchase my next car I will seriously look at a hybrid.

10. Dan H says:

November 6th, 2009 at 10:33 am

Personally, I am not a big proponent of the man made global warming theory, but I do see the need to get off of foreign oil. So, I may switch my truck to CNG or wait until they come up with a usable hydrogen vehicle

11. Go Green Man says:

December 29th, 2009 at 3:17 am

There are so many advantages to solar energy.It is so important to help the community be aware of all the benifits of solar energy.

Your post really helps to show how important this is for the community and for our enviornment.I am a strong advocate in this and also help support in giving facts and proof of how important this is to our future.Here is where you can go to check out a solution to this problem.
    .-= Go Green Man´s last blog ..DIY Solar Energy Advantages Guide updated Wed Dec 16 2009 12:25 am CST =-.

12. Tim@Car Registrations says:

August 18th, 2010 at 6:22 am

Hybrid cars are efficient and the savings does out weigh any unforeseen costs. The longer term concern for me is the full electric vehicle. The potential for this to cause electricity overload is raising questions to its viability as a replacement for alternative fuel.

13. Bob@Van Rental Luton says:

October 10th, 2011 at 9:09 am

A hybrid car sounds good as they have a gas-powered engine which results into lower emissions and better mileage, they are reliable and comfortable as any traditional car. The future for hybrids looks bright with rapid developments in hybrid technology to improve engine efficiency! I would definitely consider one!

14. Linda Blog says:

February 13th, 2012 at 1:19 am

Hybrid cars are the future, everyone should consider buying one. This will do a lot for the environment and it will save fossil fuels.

15. Lighting Control Systems says:

March 29th, 2012 at 6:05 am

By saving energy can also save environment. Sensor technology is one of the most effective technology to save energy and save money as well. Sensors are working as automatic light ON or OFF, Means when the place is not occupy by any body the sensor will switch off al the lights automaticly or if there is no motion then sensor can also switch off the lights. There are two types of sensor Like Occupancy Sensor and Motion sensor.

16. Kelly Clark says:

April 15th, 2012 at 12:38 am

I currently drive a Prius and love it. I would like if they would sell more hybrids since they are good with gas mileage and they do not have a very high premium over regular gasoline cars. One thing I would not like to see are electric cars. All electric cars would be a disaster. The main reason being is due to the electrical grid. If we put added strain on it with electric cars it would be a disaster.