Simple Maintenance Tips to Increase Fuel EconomyMonday, October 20, 2008 9:14
Increasing your gas mileage can be easy when you follow these tips to maintain the optimum performance in your engine, which can reduce fuel consumption and save money on gas.
Make sure the vehicle has properly inflated tires. When the tires are balanced and inflated the vehicle is able to drive efficiently. If even one of the tires is deflated it can decrease the gas mileage of the vehicle by up to five percent! As easy as it is to stop after filling up the vehicle and check the tire pressure of the vehicle most people don’t bother. This is one of the easiest ways to maintain the vehicle and increase gas mileage. Check the manual that comes with the vehicle to see what pressure the tires should be at for optimal performance.
Is your air filter clogged? If it is, than you could be increasing the fuel consumption of your vehicle by up to fifteen percent – the air filter should be checked every twelve thousand miles to ensure proper function. After this amount of time it will more than likely need to be changed, as they become clogged. Many times when you bring the vehicle in for an oil change they will check the air filter as well.
Ensuring that all spark plugs within the vehicle are in working order means increased fuel efficiency. If even one component of the vehicle is not working properly it causes the engine to have to work harder. What does it mean when the engine has to work harder? When the engine works harder it uses more fuel, which can increase consumption and decrease gas mileage.
Maintaining simple and regular oil changes will reduce friction within the engine, thereby increasing the fuel efficiency within the vehicle. As the oil ages it becomes less slippery and can increase friction within the engine. The reason oil is used within the vehicle is to maintain a smooth ride, decrease the friction and create a well-running engine.
Using these tips can increase your gas mileage through the use of simple maintenance techniques created that will extend the life of the vehicle, maintain optimal running performance and save money on gas. After all – with gas prices at the levels they are at, we can all use a break at the pumps!
- Related Blogs on air filter
- Rabbit Air BioGS (model 421A – 600 sq. ft.) Ultra-Quiet Air …
- Related Blogs on auto maintenance
- AUTO MAINTENANCE & REPAIR (AMR)
- The 51st China International Trade Fair for Auto Maintenance …
- Multimedia Automotive Seminar Complete Car Care Vol. 1 & II (Win)
- Auto Maintenance Gets Easier
- Registry Cleaners. Auto maintenance for Problem Free Performance.
- Related Blogs on fuel economy
- Hydrogen Gas In Cars – Something For the Future ?
- Related Blogs on Gas Mileage
- Increase Gas Mileage ? Olympic Size!
- Save Your Money On Gas
- Related Blogs on inflate tires
- Slime 40001 Power Sport Tire Inflator
- Sesame Street Slide ‘N Play Ball Pit
- how to check your tire pressure
- Bargain Deal on Viair Constant Duty Onboard Air System
- New toys for cycling
- Related Blogs on oil change
- Do You Really Need an Oil Change Every 3000 Miles?