The Philly Car Show; 2009 Philadelphia Auto Show Begins

Saturday, January 31, 2009 14:33

The 2009 Philadelphia Auto Show starts today, January 31, and runs until February 8, 2009 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.  Besides all the cool cars and autos from around the world which will be presented at the Philly Car Show, they’ve also got some great events going on.

They’ve got a whole list of really cool Green Technology Cars they’re going to be spotlighting over the course of the next week:

2009 Cadillac Escalade HybridCadillac — Escalade

Chevrolet — Tahoe

Chrysler — Aspen Hybrid

Ford — 2010 Fusion Hybrid

Lexus — RX 400h

Mercury — 2010 Milan Hybrid

Toyota — Camry

Toyota — Highlander

Volkswagen — Jetta TDI Sedan

Perhaps the most surpirsing on that list is the gigantic Cadillac Escalade SUV!  Who ever thought a huge SUV would be discussed in the same breath as fuel economy?  But Cadillac says the new Escalade Hybrid will deliver more than a 50-percent improvement in fuel economy in city driving with its new fuel-saving 2-Mode Hybrid system. It’s still only listing at 20 MPG, but hey, that’s alot better than the miles per gallon the regular version gets!  Since its pricetag is starting at over $70,000, though, you’re probably not worrying about saving a few bucks on gas if you buy it …

Posted in category Hybrid Cars, News

30 Responses to “The Philly Car Show; 2009 Philadelphia Auto Show Begins”

1. Marlborogirl says:

February 2nd, 2009 at 8:08 am

This year, like every other year, there are many exotic, vintage, domestic, import, and specialty cars on display. The thing that makes this years Auto Show unique is that the automotive industry is changing rapidly.

2. Vince says:

February 9th, 2009 at 12:44 am

I’ve seen the Cadillac Escalade SUV in Montreal Auto Show (Canada) and this is really Huge. it’s just impressive how this monster can be economic
    Did you see electric cars like Tesla, Bollore Blue Car etc..? or there were just Hybrid?

3. Philadelphia Movers says:

March 18th, 2009 at 2:52 pm

This was a great auto show. The Escalade was huge, of course, and I suppose the 20 MPG is an accomplishment for this vehicle but compared to other smaller cars that easily get over 30 MPG this is still not very impressive. The technology, however, is probably quite sophisticated. I wonder if it would be possible to apply the same or similar technology to smaller cars and really see a huge boost in MPG?

4. Hummer limos for sale says:

March 20th, 2009 at 6:00 am

i hope this year we are going to see the awesome cars, which is like to a dream come true for us to view from auto shows, i finger cross to see some thing great from Lamborghini and Ferrari from sporty section

5. Sid Savage Auto Dealer Supply says:

March 31st, 2009 at 4:15 pm

Nice info, I love auto shows, I get to see all the cars that I can never afford or that never even make it to market.

6. window regulator says:

April 20th, 2009 at 7:52 pm

7. window regulator says:

April 20th, 2009 at 7:57 pm

The Cadillac Escalade as an economical car is really hard to believe. But if theycould come up with one, then that would be fantastic.

8. Jeremy says:

May 19th, 2009 at 6:25 pm

Considering gas mileage requirements are going uop by 2016 (It was announced today), Cadillac is ahead of the curve. I believe trucks and SUV’s need to be at 30 MPG, so they have a ways to go.

9. Company Car Hire says:

July 21st, 2009 at 7:15 am

The Cadillac Escalade SUV as an economical SUV is really hard to believe. But if they can come up with one then that would be great. I am looking forward to see new hybrid cars in action!

10. Factory Car Service Manual says:

August 6th, 2009 at 4:05 pm

The green cars are always expensive to buy, but if you keep them long enough you should be able to make your money back in a few years.
    .-= Factory Car Service Manual´s last blog ..What is the difference between aftermarket and factory service manual? =-.

11. Susan | Trade In's says:

September 3rd, 2009 at 5:18 am

Great site, nice to see that kind of mileage out of an SUV, one would think that these being bigger cars that they would in fact use more petrol/gas

12. Andrew From GPS Auto Navigation System says:

December 25th, 2009 at 3:05 am

Its great to see more vehicles going the green route. Its utmost essential at this point of time and in the future. Though the initial cost is high, the hybrid eco friendly car is certainly worth the money spent as the cost can be recovered over a period of time and also environment will greatly benefit from this. That said I still cannot fully believe that the Cadillac SUV could be that environment friendly, if it does then its a certain development in auto industry.
    .-= Andrew From GPS Auto Navigation System´s last blog ..Garmin Nuvi 1300 Auto GPS =-.

13. James @cheap auto insurance says:

January 13th, 2010 at 7:05 pm

Hard to believe that the Cadillac Escalade SUV is actually an economical car, have any one of you actually tried it for long enough to confirm how it could be economical.
    .-= James @cheap auto insurance´s last blog ..Cheap Car Insurance =-.

14. Daniel@ New York Limo says:

January 30th, 2010 at 2:26 pm

Using a limo service is a great way to travel if you are a business person and need to make appointments and meetings.

15. Car Review says:

March 4th, 2010 at 5:16 am

Good to see Cadillac attempting to reach a wide range of consumers by competing with the hybrids. This is the way forward and I believe Cadillac “should be congratulated”. This is likely to be the beginning of the larger vehicles switching to a more economical form of fuel and not soon either.

16. 4x4 Ford trucks says:

March 17th, 2010 at 3:01 am

This is relatively small Philly event is not structured in the same way as the largest of international auto shows & this Auto Show is no newcomer to the car show business. but after all this gives more scope to the auto makers.

17. Cheap Old Classic Cars For Sale says:

August 6th, 2010 at 7:40 am

This is very good show which is very useful to spread reality over a world. where are they gonna charge these babies back up after running their 200-300km range?.I really enjoy checking out your blog and will be a regular viewer. If there is any way that I can get the other pictures that you took that night. thanks for a great info.

18. Long Island car service says:

September 8th, 2010 at 8:08 pm

I think these cars are great. I have to be honest though, I test drove a hybrid once, and I wasn’t in love with it. But that was years ago. Not to mention we need fuel effeciency more than ever now. I can only imagine in 15 years, maybe all car services will even be driving hybrids!

19. cementitious fireproofing new york says:

September 23rd, 2010 at 9:14 pm

There is so much quality information on this website it is ridiculous. I love finding blogs like this with such good stuff. Biofuel, hybrids, all this good stuff! I only briefly looked at some hybrid cars when I was looking to buy, and I wish I had looked further into it. I have my own cementitious fireproofing business in New York, and I drive “stop and go” type of driving all over NYC. It would probably really pay off to get a nice hybrid or use some alternative fuel. Both for the environment AND myself. Great stuff here. Thanks!

20. [email protected] wheel refurbishment says:

October 27th, 2010 at 6:20 am

Well to be honest ,Cadillac’s target market is very different .I don’t think so they will be able to woo new segment with this “fuel economy” slogan.It’s a posh product and should remain the posh.

21. peter@ Ford pickup trucks says:

November 1st, 2010 at 1:56 am

The escalade has more features, it? is part of a luxury brand, and it shows your status, like buying a lexus instead of a toyota. but if u have Escalade u will? not care about the gas

22. Herman, Seattle Town Car says:

November 5th, 2010 at 3:58 pm

That’s really a fantastic post !
    Many thanks for sharing with us
    By the way I just bookmark it and
    added to my favorite blogs list.

23. Samual@ Cars For Sale says:

December 17th, 2010 at 11:18 am

I think these cars arereally amazing and good. actually i dont like hybrid once but when i test a drove a hybrid one it jst awsome…… here is the need to mention that we need fuel effeciency more than ever now. and this will work, thanks for posting and sharing with us…

24. Marsha says:

February 9th, 2013 at 9:08 pm

The fact that Toyota chose to upgrade the exterior styling, interior quality and interior roominess of the redesigned 2012 Yaris hatchback rather than upgrading the powertrain says a
    lot about how Toyota views the needs of small car buyers.