Advantages of Better Gas Mileage in the 2009 Chevy Aveo

Saturday, March 7, 2009 0:42

2009 Chevy AveoFuel economy is an important factor to consider when purchasing a vehicle. For instance the Chevy Aveo, in addition to its many other features, boasts a remarkable EPA estimated 34 mpg (miles per gallon). With the higher gas prices experienced this year, along with the current economic downslide, making sure you get the most value for your dollar is essential when buying a new car. Not only will the high gas mileage save you money every day that you own the vehicle, but cars with higher gas mileages tend to have higher resale values, protecting your investment over time.

The secret behind the improved fuel economy in the Chevy Aveo lies in the new ECOTEC engine. Without sacrificing performance, the variable valve timing on the engine results in 27 mpg city and 34 mpg highway, with the manual transmission, and 25 city, 34 highway, using a four speed automatic. Chevy is breaking away from the typical gas guzzling vehicles many Americans associate with previous models. The Aveo is the same American quality you have come to expect, but now with the gas mileage you would expect from an import. When looking for your new car, consider the Chevrolet Aveo and feel what it is like to save money every time you start the engine.

41 Responses to “Advantages of Better Gas Mileage in the 2009 Chevy Aveo”

1. painting courses says:

March 16th, 2009 at 7:44 pm

This sort of thing is the future of motoring, It save one fuel and is good for the environment. Yes it maybe a little small bugt things will get better

2. Mercedes says:

March 17th, 2009 at 1:15 pm

My opinion is that he reason the Aveo gets 34 MPG is because it’s so smal and it has a tiny engine

3. Body Kits says:

March 20th, 2009 at 1:39 am

Yes, agree with Mercedes. it has small HP, i think. any info about HP of this car?

4. exhaust parts says:

March 31st, 2009 at 12:48 am

The Chevy Aveo’s 34 miles per gallon gas consumption is still pretty impressive for a subcompact car.

5. Got One says:

April 9th, 2009 at 5:21 am

I just got one and I’m really liking it! If you’ve got some more money, the Chevy Corvette gets amazing mileage too.. but it does cost a LOT more 😀

6. Dealerships says:

May 4th, 2009 at 7:01 am

This is a really cool looking little car where looks have not been comprimised for economy.

7. big bill says:

May 14th, 2009 at 8:57 am

“Car Complaints says:

March 12th, 2009 at 9:49 am

The reason the Aveo gets 34 MPG is because it’s so smal and it has a tiny engine. People don’t need a huge car, but it needs to fit them. Tall guys like me would never fit in an Aveo. I drive a Grand Prix, which gets only a few MPG less than an Aveo, about 21 city/30 hwy and the Grand Prix is a much larger car.”

I’m 6’4″ an have driven an aveo since 2005. Plenty of head room and leg room. We have had 4 adults comfortably seated in our aveo… great use of space… I’ve driven a grand prix… aveo actually feels like it has more room.

8. [email protected] Rings says:

May 15th, 2009 at 10:57 pm

Thanks you for posting this interesting article.
    The 34 miles per gallon of the New Chevy Aveo is quite impressive for a regular gasoline powered car. I might consider buying this one for my father. Really cool and nice car, indeed!

9. Costa Mesa Auto Repair says:

May 24th, 2009 at 4:49 pm

Gas prices will go up again and if you buy a Hummer now instead of a small car like the Aveo you will experience the “fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me” phenomenon.

10. Eric says:

May 27th, 2009 at 5:36 pm

My wife drove an Aveo all last year. The gas mileage was great, the only problem she had with it was a severe shortage of cup holders.

11. Cake Toppers says:

June 15th, 2009 at 5:50 am

I AGREE TO YOU!BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN DRIVING MY OWN CHEAVY AVEO!& IT HAS GIVEN ME A LOT OF BENEFITS INCLUDING MILEAGE ALSO!I HAVE NOT DONE ANY KIND OF OVER INVESTMENT OVER IT!THAT’S THE MAGIC OF AVEO!

12. Gify says:

July 2nd, 2009 at 9:39 am

Hi,
    Can you say something more about “ECOTEC” engine?
    I am looking for some other car I can buy and have to admit Chevrolet Aveo looks like a good shoot.
    Thanks for the info.
    Regards,
    Janet Gify

13. Factory Service Manual says:

August 26th, 2009 at 5:58 pm

I think the Chevy Aveo is comparable to the Scion xA. My wife has the 2005 scion xA, and she has been getting 35+ mpg combine and almost hitting 40 mpg on highways. She dosen’t drive rough like I do…ha…
    .-= Factory Service Manual´s last blog ..Auto Repair Manual =-.

14. [email protected] Jolla real estate says:

September 7th, 2009 at 5:02 am

I’ve never bought or drove Chevrolet cars but recently I had to go to places so one person had a Chevrolet car with whom we went, I was very impressed, it’s design was so small yet it was very powerful. Aveo looks similar too, and ofcourse more mileage is great. I’ve got a car which gives me great mileage too and I am not concerned about having cars which look great but don’t give much mileage. As long as I am reaching to the place, I am happy.

15. Husky Training says:

October 19th, 2009 at 12:22 am

34mpg is not a lot.. it’s been over 80 years that a typical engine has been made, and the system itself barely changed throughout the years. There are records of engines that were created in the 60’s that got 100mpg+. the reason we still get 20 and 30mph is because it’s profitable for the gas companies.

16. Alexandra says:

November 9th, 2009 at 6:12 am

I liked the Aveo but I ended up getting a Cobalt instead

17. [email protected] GPS Tracking says:

November 21st, 2009 at 5:15 pm

I think the automaker’s shift to vehicles that are more fuel efficient is the correct approach. For too long now we have manufactured “small boats” that consume way too much fuel , causing stress with individual’s with tight budgets, Chevy has really impressed me with their new line of fuel saving vehicles. Thanks for the info!

18. [email protected] Din Navigation says:

November 30th, 2009 at 3:44 am

Chevy cars are just great car to maintain and I don’t see anything great about its stylish looks, too. It just tries to hard to be elegant, it looks boring.
    .-= [email protected] Din Navigation´s last blog ..Car PC Software =-.

19. Pontoon Boats says:

November 30th, 2009 at 3:50 am

In this recession time 34MPG is good to face the problem of mileage & also because of small & smart look customers like Aveo car.

20. Car News says:

December 8th, 2009 at 10:26 am

I agree that the Chevrolet Aveo is an economical car, especially concerning fuel efficient.
    thank you for writing. Cheers

21. pdf owner's manual says:

December 17th, 2009 at 1:40 pm

I’m glad that Chevy changed the direction and now it goes to more green vehicles. Aveo is a great car especially if you drive mostly in the city. It’s not just more fuel efficient but you will find easier a parking spot. I was very impressed by recently introduced Chevy Volt and want to see consumer reaction on even more fuel efficient cars like the Volt.
    .-= pdf owner’s manual´s last blog ..2010 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Brochure ML350 BlueTEC ML450?HYBRID ML550 =-.

22. fuel card says:

December 22nd, 2009 at 11:52 am

In the run up to Christmas it seems that motorists will be set to face petrol prices rising to record levels as they fill up their tanks. The RAC has said that petrol prices are set to get to 110p per litre soon and that is the same as £5 a gallon! Prices at that level would equate to a 26% increase on last year’s price of 87p a litre. the Uk is going mad!

23. Gary from Automotive gps devices says:

January 5th, 2010 at 8:39 am

Thats a great news for Chevy lovers. Good decision by the manufacturers of Chevrolet to take this green approach. With the wallets tightening due to recession, most people will find this a good bargain. I have heard good things about the new ECOTEC engine and its improved performance from my friends in the auto industry. Agree with one of the above comments by Peter that the car should definitely include climate control and automobile gps systems .
    .-= Gary from Automotive gps devices´s last blog ..DURAGADGET Garmin Nuvi 775T Auto Car Windscreen Windshield Holder … =-.

24. Mark says:

January 18th, 2010 at 1:42 am

traffic school california learners permit

25. Steve says:

January 21st, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Yet one more advantage is some insurance companies are now offering sizeable discounts on enviro friendly cars such as this one. Certainly a nice perk depending on what your rates are typically.
    .-= Steve´s last blog ..Cheap Car Insurance =-.

26. Rob says:

January 23rd, 2010 at 1:41 am

They have made the Aveo such a stylish looking little car. Too bad that consumer guides do not give it a very high rating. I think I would stick to a good hybrid lease, rather than invest in a small car like the aveo.
    .-= Rob´s last blog ..Best Gas Mileage Cars to Lease =-.

27. [email protected] Supercars says:

January 26th, 2010 at 9:08 am

I like the Aveo. I was keeping an eye on this car, but unfortunately this wasn’t the car we bought. Doesn’t fit the budget!!!
    .-= [email protected] Supercars´s last blog ..Sydney Seaplanes – Scenic Flight, Sydney Highlights =-.

28. auto repair boulder says:

June 2nd, 2010 at 12:54 am

Yeah, the automaker’s shift to vehicles that are more fuel efficient is the correct approach..

29. Top Edge window tinting nyc says:

June 27th, 2010 at 2:06 am

I agree that they could make little tweaks to the car’s shape among other things to better the mileage and fuel efficiency. Sometimes I get frustrated though because I see people that get certain cars or do certain things to be more energy efficient, but they forget all about window tinting! Meanwhile it can make such a huge difference in a car’s fuel efficiency (air conditioning eats fuel for breakfast!) However, It’s good mindful of anything and everything that can make a difference.

30. Jimmy [email protected] money with twitter says:

June 29th, 2010 at 1:25 am

75% of oil used is for transportation so the only way to reduce our dependence is to increase gas mileage and make alternatives happen. Going to multi fuel vehicles would help. it would only cost $40 per vehicle to change some plastic and modify the computer to make it so it can run gas, alcohol or other fuels too

31. Boat seat cushions says:

July 3rd, 2010 at 3:48 am

32. Mark Lieberman says:

July 11th, 2010 at 1:28 pm

It is a known fact in health/medicine that in the last 50 years Americans are getting taller. This is because of much, much better nutrition. On the other side of the coin, in the last 50 years our Amrrican and inport cars have been getting smaller? I gave the Chevy Aveo a test drive yesterday and said no thanks to the salesman. I have been 6′ since I was 19 and I had more room in my 1973 Chevy Vaga subcompact when I was 19.

33. Donations Detroit says:

July 20th, 2010 at 10:51 am

it only get 27 in the city and 34 on the expressway? what a joke. My Mazda 6 gets 26 in the city and 32 on the highway with 70,000 miles and a 2.3 liter 4IL engine.. Well, I hope everyone is enjoying their Aveo anyways. These days, a fuel saver is the only kind of car to buy.

34. Autos Babes says:

August 9th, 2010 at 6:53 am

thanks for the tips for save gas for money,especially during the Economic downturn,