2009 New York International Auto Show Starts This Weekend

Tuesday, April 7, 2009 15:36

The week of April 10th through the 19th, the annual New York Auto Show will be taking place at Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York City. With giveaways, prizes, high-tech displays, celebrities and much much more, it is a world of entertainment for the whole family.

2009 Toyota i!The 2009 NY Auto Show is the best place to get a look at the latest and greatest advancements in automobile technology. (Event Schedule) Whether you are interested in going fast or going green, there is something there for everyone. While you cannot actually purchase a car at the New York Car Show, take a look around and get some ideas for your next buy. Not only is there the opportunity to check out a display of antique cars, there is also vast information on the newest developments such as increased gas mileage, lowered emissions and brand new safety features developed to keep you and your family safe.

The winners of “Car of the Year” are all smaller cars which get great gas mileage:

If you plan on checking out the NY Auto Show this weekend, be sure not to miss the raffle for the 2009 Porsche 911 Carrera, benefiting the Diabetes Foundation. Also, definitely check out the automotive career fair, which is a great opportunity for students soon to graduate. The exhibit of custom cars is sure to awe as well.

The New York Car Show will be running at the convention center from April 10th through April 19th, from 11am to 10:30pm (7pm on Sundays). It is open to the public and tickets can be purchased online or at the door. The NY Auto Show is an event that is sure to delight the whole family.

22 Responses to “2009 New York International Auto Show Starts This Weekend”

1. Masenchipz says:

April 7th, 2009 at 10:03 pm

Car of the Year

2. Madrid says:

April 10th, 2009 at 4:51 pm

Sounds like a hell of a show with some great cars

Madrid’s last blog post..Madrid to

3. Deed poll says:

April 11th, 2009 at 9:30 am

A really great car, Im glad it won

4. Sid Savage Auto Dealer Supply says:

April 27th, 2009 at 6:29 pm

I bet there were some great new cars at that show. I think its interesting the transition that is being made from SUV’s to smaller more efficient cars, my how the times have changed.

5. Norco Transmission Services says:

May 11th, 2009 at 5:48 pm

The Nissan GT-R was one of my favorites in the show. This and the Chevy Spark are sure to ignite some interest.

6. himi says:

May 18th, 2009 at 11:43 am

The sporty, Toyota iQ based, Scion concept has been one of my favourite ones. It was a nice event although some biggest names/car brands were missing. Still, we have seen some impressive concept cars!

7. Kirk says:

June 2nd, 2009 at 12:19 pm

i don’t know what’s it about these small cars, but i’ve always wanted to have one… i wouldn’t have a problem voting any of those as car of the year!

8. [email protected] antonio makeup artist says:

June 18th, 2009 at 1:26 pm

I am liking that the cars of the year are smaller cars that get better gas mileage. Good to see the 2009 Volkswagen Golf because I have always been a fan of Volkswagens.

9. Anthony says:

July 8th, 2009 at 4:56 pm

I would figure that auto industry would cut back on shows like this until they start to become more profitable. I could see this being an unnecessary expense that could help save some money for a companies that desperately need it.

10. Aerial Lifts says:

July 21st, 2009 at 11:57 am

I like to see people starting to look at the little guy or in this case the little cars, it shows that we are moving to smarter greener world

11. Factory Service Manual says:

August 4th, 2009 at 12:33 pm

Gotta have to like the new modern cars…The flying cars are even being made right now….I need to get my hands on one of these.
    .-= Factory Service Manual´s last blog ..Grab Your Online Factory Service Manual Immediately =-.

12. Susan | Trade In's says:

October 9th, 2009 at 1:27 am

And the cars just get hotter and hotter, I absolutely love car shows and try and get to as many as I can in South Africa.

13. train horns for cars says:

November 10th, 2009 at 4:14 pm

I just wish that major manufacturers would build the prototypes that they make for the car shows. Those prototype cars are always so much better looking than the regular models that they mass produce.

14. autostry says:

November 30th, 2009 at 8:15 pm

thats what you call a car.
    .-= autostry´s last blog ..Evolution at work: The 2010 Cadillac CTS Coupe =-.

15. sell bmw says:

July 12th, 2010 at 3:58 am

interesting how the Americans are now starting to wake up to fuel economy and the environment. Will also be interesting to see how Audi will compare with the new home grown battery car maker as well. thanks for a really informative post.

16. SeriousOpinion from ThatGirlFromTheNet says:

August 6th, 2010 at 2:37 pm

I love the ford fiesta. One of my friends bought one and I drove it with him. Its really different experience for sure. I have VW and next car just might be this fiesta

17. Resveratrol Buccal Delivery says:

August 18th, 2010 at 6:11 pm

I really dislike the marketing campaign for the Fiesta. Or at least the way it’s been marketed to hispanics. I don’t doubt the car is excellent, but now it’s forever linked with distaste.

18. Used Moterhomes says:

August 27th, 2010 at 5:50 am

New York Car Show is like festival for car lovers. And 2009 Ford Fiesta, 2009 Toyota I!, 2009 Volkswagen Golf are relay deserve cars for“Car of the Year”.

19. automotive tools says:

September 2nd, 2010 at 9:08 am

the Golf really is a great car and in my opinion has held to top spot for small cars since its release

20. Car Rental Kenya says:

September 18th, 2010 at 5:53 am

Wow, My favorite car is Ford Fiesta. I have test this car. I will buy this car in future. I can make sure that I want to owner of this car after become a billionaire. Thanks for this post. I like your short and nice content.

21. Used RV By Owner says:

September 28th, 2010 at 2:16 am

2009 Ford Fiesta, 2009 Toyota , 2009 Volkswagon Golf all three are have nice model and feature. And NY Auto Show is always Rocking……

22. Oliver says: