Top 3 Cars In 2010 For Best Gas Mileage

Friday, September 10, 2010 13:05

2010 Toyota PriusThe top pick for highest gas mileage car is the 2010 Toyota Prius. At around twenty thousand dollars you can expect to get 48 miles per gallon on the highway and 45 in town (with some reporting it breaks the 50 MPG barrier). This car is powered by a 16 valve four cylinder engine. The 110 peak horse power out of this four cylinder engine will give great response when passing. These cars are offered in the United States at Toyota dealerships all over the country. The Toyota Prius is a smaller sedan that is offered in four door and seats five people. These are great for carpooling making great use of the seating capacity.

The second pick for highest gas mileage in a car is the 2010 Honda Civic Hybrid. With a base price around 22,000 dollars you can expect to get 45 miles to the gallon on the highway and 40 miles per gallon in town. This car is powered by a 1.8 liter eight valve four cylinder backed by electric power to help in being more economic. This power plant will get you around with 110 peak horse power. These are smaller sedans that can seat five comfortably.

The third pick in top gas mileage cars is the Smart Car. This car has a one liter three cylinder engine that has a peak horse power rating of 70hp and gets around 40 MPG. The base price on the Smart Car starts out at around 11,500 dollars. This will make it affordable from the start with years of savings on fuel. These cars will run best when using premium higher octane gasoline. With seats for two people these cars make the perfect commuter. All the comforts of the larger cars will be found in the Smart Car just in a smaller package. The biggest advantage over gas mileage for this car is the maneuverability which is do to the short wheel base.

37 Responses to “Top 3 Cars In 2010 For Best Gas Mileage”

1. Mark says:

September 10th, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Toyotas are very reliable cars indeed.

2. Jen @ Auto Transport says:

September 13th, 2010 at 4:35 am

Wow another reason to get the Pruis then! Gas mileage is one of the first things I look at when buying a car – I don’t care if it doesn’t look as good as other cars out there, at least I’m saving more money in the long run than they are!

3. Ruth Lira says:

September 14th, 2010 at 11:04 am

Good to see my civic on there. I’d take it anyday over the smartcar, which looks like it’s one speed bump from careeing to your death.

4. Suv vehicles says:

September 16th, 2010 at 7:23 pm

There is obviously a lot to know about this subject. Some interesting points made there.

5. Michael@Firewalls Download says:

September 17th, 2010 at 8:34 am

Just Test Driven this Hybrid Car… Really Smart and better fuel efficient when compared to other petrol Cars… And Pickup, Very Very Amazing… Booked it already… Waiting for Delivery. 🙂
    Nice Reading your review

6. Daniel Rau says:

September 17th, 2010 at 9:06 am

I know when I’m looking for a new car, a hybrid will be one of the choices that I will be making. It’s just common sense.

7. WillowSmith@Los Angeles DUI Attorney says:

September 18th, 2010 at 2:32 am

These hybrid cars are the product of fast-growing technology and great human minds. People can already expect more “amazing” and “extraordinary” ones a few years from now. And as for Toyota, its good image and foundation in the car industry make it really deserving to be the top pick among the given ones.

8. Kitchens says:

September 18th, 2010 at 4:55 am

I would like to say that while purchasing a car is the fuel efficiency.SUV series is the best option to have fuel efficiency, that reduces the expenses over the fuel.I think people must have to for it.

9. Web Design and Hosting says:

September 19th, 2010 at 9:57 am

It is better to go for Average and a car with low maintainable over comfort and luxury. Hybrid is fine as i have tried it and is worth for the money you pay.

10. Dave says:

September 19th, 2010 at 10:38 pm

Technology is moving so fast. Hybrid cars have come a long way and they keep getting built better. Can’t wait to see what the future holds….

11. Damson Automotive says:

September 20th, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Out of this bunch, if I had to pick a car I would drive the Civic, that’s the best looking vehicle. Sorry to say but the Smart Car is the worst.

12. Love Songs says:

September 22nd, 2010 at 9:19 pm

Cool article.  48 miles per gallon is pretty good, although 20,000 is a lot too.  I wonder if you would be better buying an old accord for a few grand.  Maybe you would save more, I’m not sure would have to do the Math.  I wonder what the weight of these cars are since that must make a big difference as well.

13. subaru impreza tuning says:

September 23rd, 2010 at 10:41 am

yes i think the civic is the nicest looking, but with hybrids, yes the technology has deffinitly come a long way but i am still suspect about the battery situation concerning thier life, as i know of people have to have them all replaced, the battery life is not ther yet in my oppinion

14. broad@Crank Position Sensor says:

September 24th, 2010 at 4:57 am

I have always been a traditional type of guy, I love burning fuel and all. But when hybrids came, the technology was really moving that fast, I’m already thinking of investing into one.

15. Fleet Australia says:

September 28th, 2010 at 1:43 am

Juts wait till the all electric plugins come! That will really shake the hybrids up. Car models in 10 years time will be sooo different from what we are used to

16. Jen @ Auto Transport says:

November 10th, 2010 at 1:40 pm

I’ve been waiting for the Prius to come to my country for so long and now that it’s here, it’s priced waaay over the actual retail price. Instead of becoming a go-to choice for eco-friendly cars, it’s become a status symbol, almost like it’s a luxury car.

17. seattle auto sales says:

January 9th, 2011 at 9:03 pm

So important in todays economy to have a car that is good on gas mileage. Just wanted to thank you for your article. Think the technology is going to keep improving as time goes by.

18. Loc says:

January 13th, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Hybrid cars save you gas in the long run but they are too expensive vs the traditional gas engine cars. If they can reduce the price, then a lot more customers will be able to jump on board.

19. mercedes benz repair says:

January 29th, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Even Mercedes-Benz is offering new fuel efficient models with new hybrid technology with the S400 model.

20. Spark Plug Wire says:

February 4th, 2011 at 2:44 am

like reading these post more car article please i really enjoyed reading it can you try car parts?

21. Used cars for sale Ireland says:

February 7th, 2011 at 4:17 am

Mileage is one of the first things that I consider when buying a car. The Prius gets my vote even though in my eyes it’s not exactly the best looking car

22. John Hughes: New and Used Cars says:

February 9th, 2011 at 12:39 am

Great article, interesting to see how efficient hybrid cars are but I agree with some of the other comments that they are very expensive.
    Hopefully these types of cars will become cheaper for us all in time.

23. Renee@ Car Title Loans says:

April 12th, 2011 at 6:14 pm

My friend owns a Toyota Prius and she gets great gas mileage. Although the MSRP on hybrids are high, you do save money in gas. Now a days, you can get great used hybrids at an affordable price. Do you think that gas prices are high as a result of more and more hybrids being purchased?

24. Gas Meter says:

May 3rd, 2011 at 5:05 am

If I had to choose between the three, I’d definitely choose the Honda Civic. I don’t trust the Prius after everything that happened with it and I wouldn’t be seen dead in a Smart car!

25. Kyle@Car Dealership Columbia says:

May 9th, 2011 at 2:10 pm

That’s quite the list of quality cars.  It seems more and more now that car manufacturers will be trying to average around 25 mpg.

26. jasmine @ Claxton Engineering says:

July 27th, 2011 at 9:26 am

Well, I guess these cars are definitely one of the best. In choosing cars to be purchased this is one of the qualities that has to be checked. Nice list!

27. patio dining set says:

July 31st, 2011 at 7:57 am

Hybrid is good, but sooner or later they are going to have to switch to a different fuel. I heard that Toyota were developing a hydrogen fueled engine. If they were able to make this practical, it would change the world.

28. Mamie@cellulite reduction says:

August 23rd, 2011 at 4:36 am

Toyota and Honda are luxurious cars today. Thank you for the definition of those cars. Great posts.

29. Limo Rome says:

September 29th, 2011 at 10:40 am

Hybrid cars will be the near future cars!

30. Joey@Ohio Auto Insurance Online Quote says:

October 6th, 2011 at 2:33 am

Even now, I would still go at 2010 Honda Civic Hybrid. Since a lot of cars nowadays consume so much gas, and its not cool.

31. Sam@Sinusiti says:

January 9th, 2012 at 12:04 am

The third generation of the Toyota Prius could not have picked a better time to make his debut on the market. Just think of how I went wrong business for Toyota in recent months.
    The low power consumption are a great solution.

32. ECU Remapping says:

January 16th, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Although the Toyoto Prius came on top, i would rather prefer the Civic. Even the Smart Car is getting popular these days.

33. South Fl says:

February 5th, 2012 at 4:59 pm

This is a really interesting post. I live in Europe where petrol prices are off the chart and any way of saving money on petrol is very useful. Thanks.

34. NIKS says:

February 10th, 2012 at 3:24 am

This Hybrid car is very nice choise for the future customers……
    And that car was owesome…..!

35. Kenneth says:

March 6th, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Well, really great cars. Now I just need to figure out where to get the cash and I all of them. 🙂

Now seriously, nice ones to consider. I like hybrids more and more now. They’re pretty cool in this day and age. Not like it was a few years ago. At that time they were like some toys for really rich people 🙂

36. Honda Civic says:

April 16th, 2012 at 5:13 pm

The civic hybrid is a little slow in terms of acceleration. The 2013 model is getting a little extra horsepower 10-15 extra.

37. Hyosung gt650 says:

May 18th, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Well, Bajaj RE60 is coming out this year, and it’s certainly going to be in the top 3 spot… The year 2012 has got loads of enticing automotive launches in stores, so all our lists might change by the end of this year 🙂